Browse By

Parish Council Minutes 7 January 2020

PLYMTREE PARISH COUNCIL

Draft minutes of meeting held on 7th January 2020 at 7.30 pm in the Vestry Room.

Present: Cllrs I Robinson (IR), R Tift (RT), A Cook (AC), J Penman (JP), A Stride (AS), S Martin (SM), I Chubb (IC), J Franklyn (JF, Clerk)

1a/20 Apologies: S Stephens, P Skinner

1b/20   Declarations of Interest & Prejudice: None declared.

Meeting suspended to allow public questions and receipt of reports.

1c/20   Reports from representatives of Police, EDDC, DCC:  DCCllr Chubb attended and summarised DCC activity around establishing a climate change authority to create a future plan. He indicated budgets for the forthcoming year were being set currently; he was optimistic of more investment from central government to the SW. Recycling initiatives in EDDC continue well; IC was informed of the new Plymtree initiative led by resident Ms Fryer. He agreed that potholes were problematic at present and encouraged reporting via the Highways website.  No other reports were received

1d/20 Approval of minutes of meeting of 5th November 2019: The minutes were read, approved and signed as a true and accurate record as proposed by AS, seconded by AC and agreed by all.

2/20    Actions from last meeting not otherwise on the agenda: None

3/20    Finance:

Actions from last meeting: Clerk to purchase two memory sticks to ensure effective backup of PC documents from the PC laptop. (Not done). RT to arrange display of new financial regulations on village website. (Done)

Balance of current accounts: Recent spends (since the last meeting) were noted and further approved. Current balances (from 1st April 2019) were checked and agreed as proposed/signed by IR and RT.

Budget for 2020-21 and Precept submission (deadline January 22nd): A draft budget had been circulated by RT before the meeting (including a modest uplift) and following discussion was agreed by all, as proposed by RT and seconded by AS.

New actions: Clerk to submit Precept paperwork ahead of deadline. (Done)  Clerk to purchase memory sticks re lap top backup

4/20 Clyst Valley Regional Park: It was agreed this should remain on the agenda for future discussion. Meanwhile AS will liaise with Simon Bates as part of her wider remit re footpaths, improving lifestyles etc.

5/20 Tree planting:

Actions from last meeting: Peter Gimber to contact Mr Persey (landowner) on behalf of the PC to seek permission for plating a “landmark” tree in the recreation ground. Mr Gimber to advise the Clerk on the type of tree. Clerk to purchase the tree. (Done)

It was noted that a lime tree had been purchased and planted in the recreation ground by P Gimber. Mr Gimber had indicated by email that the landowner (Mr H Persey) had also agreed to potential removal of the Leylandii boundary planting and replacement with new trees to include edible fruits and berries. Mr Gimber will progress with the Village Hall committee. SM (PC Village Hall rep) will update the Village Hall committee at its forthcoming meeting. SM will additionally indicate to the Village Hall committee the need for prompt removal of the portable goal posts from the cricket pitch since these impair air ambulance helicopter landing.

6/20    Section 106 monies:

Action from last meeting: SM (as PC village hall representative) to contact cricket club/recreation ground officers to again seek outline proposals for improving access and drainage at the recreation ground (for onward transmission to Sulina Tallack  and her consideration in due course). (Done)

SS and SM had been in contact with Dan McLandish (rep for Cricket club/recreation ground) who had drafted and sent by email a proposal for drainage and other works to the recreation ground for onward transmission to Sulina Tallack (to seek agreement in principle in the first instance prior to formal submission and tendering etc). The PC process for selection of this project was reviewed and discussed at length; it was agreed by all that due process re village consultation had been followed and a summary of this process would be kept on record. There was subsequent agreement by all for the project going forward as above.

New Actions: Clerk to request onward transmission by SS to Sulina Tallack of the draft proposal (to confirm it remains within remit for Section 106 funding). (Done). Follow up actions to include letter of support from the PC and application to EDDC for funding by the recreation ground reps, in addition to creation of a detailed spec and tendering via the PC.

7/20     P3 activity and monies (AS):

New actions: AS to again assess the village footpaths for any required repairs. AS to submit a modest bid to support equipment repairs and servicing as well as minor consumables ahead of the upcoming deadline for P3 funding.

8/20     Highways and Road Warden update (RT):

Actions from last meeting: RT to seek alternative providers of a suitable “herbicide” course and/or parishioners who are already certified and who might contribute to kerb spraying. (Not done) AC to arrange trimming/flailing of the bank opposite to the School. (Done).

RT reported that there had been no recent activity but that pothole repairs would follow improvement of weather in due course. It was noted that a new hazard sign had been erected at the Ford but that repair of the barrier was outstanding. DCC had indicated this repair would be completed before the end of March.

New actions: RT to scope a suitable herbicide course. RT to order new materials for pot hole filling in due course, noting its shelf life.

9/20 Village website:

IR had communicated with the local resident redesigning the website front page who had in turn indicated that this should soon be completed (in conjunction with support from W Lines).

10/20 Creation of village interpretation board:

Actions from last meeting: RT to seek the permission of the land owners re positioning of the proposed board. RT to clarify with EDDC whether planning permission is required and to proceed accordingly. (Done)

RT indicated that Mr Persey had agreed to erection of the board on the verge near to the memorial bench. RT indicated that planning permission would be required. It was noted that Shelley signs had been chosen to create the board in a lectern design (following a tendering process).

New actions: RT to submit a planning application to EDDC (at a cost of approx. £60). RT and AS to work together to identify information for inclusion for onward transmission to Shelley signs.

11/20 VE Day celebrations:

It was noted that Mrs S Tidball had established a small committee to scope interest/ideas for a village event on Friday May 8th. The PC had leant its support to this proposal at its last meeting.

12/20 Date of next litter pick: Sunday February 23rd at 10am.

New actions: Clerk to purchase bin bags. Clerk to advertise event in Parish Magazine (Done)

13/20 Planning applications:

Action from last meeting: Clerk to submit comments re proposed solar farm on behalf of the PC (Done, November 6th)

19/2716/FUL Mulberry Barton Rear and side extensions, construction of veranda, car port
19/2771/PDQ Land at Perhams Green Change of use of agricultural barn to 4 dwellings
19/2772/PDQ Danes House Change of use of agricultural building to 5 dwellings
19/2802/FUL Land at Middle Weaver Farm Erection of agricultural building

New actions: Clerk to submit neutral responses to the above applications (Done)

14/20 Correspondence: None received

Matters of urgency – items not on the agenda to be discussed at the Chairman’s discretion NB no voting permitted, discussion only. None.  

Dates of meetings for 2020: 3rd March, 5th May, 7th July, 8th September, 3rd November at 7.30pm.

Close of meeting at 9.30 pm.