Browse By

Parish Council Minutes 14 July 2020

PLYMTREE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a virtual meeting held on 14th July 2020 at 7.30 pm.

Present: Cllrs I Robinson (IR), R Tift (RT), A Cook (AC), A Stride (AS), S Martin (SM), S Stephens (SS), J Franklyn (JF, Clerk)

29a/20 Election of chairman: Cllr Robinson was elected Chairman unanimously (as proposed by AC, seconded by RT) and duly accepted office.

29b/20 29c/20 Election of vice chairman and other positions of responsibility: The following positions were appointed unanimously: Vice Chairman: J Penman, RFO: R Tift, Church House Charities rep: A Cook, Highways and infrastructure: R Tift, Village Hall committee rep: S Martin, Section 106 monies liaison: S Stephens, Pathways/P3 matters: A Stride.

30a/20 Apologies: J Penman (re concerns with chosen technology; reason for absence deemed acceptable).

30b/20   Declarations of Interest & Prejudice: None declared.

Meeting suspended to allow public questions and receipt of reports.

30c/20   Reports from representatives of Police, EDDC, DCC:  

PCSO England had submitted two summaries of reported crimes from January 2020 to 5th July 2020. There were 3 reported incidents in total (2 violence with injury, 1 theft (other)).

31d/20 Approval of minutes of meeting of 3rd March 2020: The minutes were read, approved and will be signed as a true and accurate record as proposed by AC, seconded by AS and agreed by all.

32/20    Actions from last meeting not otherwise on the agenda: None

33/20    Finance:

The final accounts had been circulated before the meeting and were approved by all as signed off by IR and RT.

The Annual governance statement had been circulated and was approved by all, as proposed by AS and seconded by SS. The certificate of exemption, accounting statement and annual internal audit report were similarly approved by all, as proposed by AS, seconded by SS and arrangements made for signatures to be added by IR, RT and Clerk prior to submission to the external auditors.

Balance of current accounts: Recent spends (since the last meeting as noted in the agenda) were noted and further approved. Current balances (from 1st April 2020) were checked and agreed as proposed/signed by IR and RT.

The proposed increase in cost of dog bin emptying by EDDC was noted.

34/20 Tree planting:

Action from last meeting: Clerk to request Mr Gimber liaise with the cricket club representatives (Dan and Sean) re the removal of the Leylandii and site/timing of new planting. (Done).

It was noted thatP Gimber had submitted a document outlining plans/timeline for creation of a community orchard at the side of the Recreation Ground in 2020/21.

New action: IR to contact Mr Gimber to discuss potential contribution to funding of purchase of trees and his proposed timescales.

35/20    Section 106 monies:

Action from last meeting: IR to contact SS re the actions above and progression of project (Done).

SS indicated his intention to seek a meeting soon with Sulina Tallack in order to achieve clarification of next steps to access monies held by EDDC in order that previously agreed works to support village activities might proceed.

36/20     P3 activity and monies (AS):

AS reported that parish footpaths had been used frequently during Coronavirus “lockdown”. One footpath is likely to need minor clearing works in due course.

New action: AS to establish when minor works can recommence. AS to chase award of P3 grant (Done).

37/20     Highways and Road Warden update (RT):

Actions from last meeting: RT to scope herbicide course. RT to discuss provision of training/certification for road repairs with relevant departments of DCC.

RT indicated that no cost-appropriate herbicide course is available. RT indicated that he, along with AC, hold road warden certification (“Chapter 8”) which will expire in December 2020 (and they do not propose to seek renewal), although that held by M Ayles will remain current for longer. New participants in the road warden scheme will need to be sought. RT will continue to liaise with Lucy Barrow of DCC on this topic.

It was noted that a further two of the Plymtree village signs need replacing (as per two others replaced previously). It was agreed that RT should again approach Phil Morgan of DCC to discuss, with a view to ordering signs via his department (approximate cost £100 each; sum available within road warden budget).

RT reported that DCC has a new highways initiative “Doing the Right Thing”, involving local councils in prioritising repairs/works in their locality. RT and AC had held a recent virtual meeting with DCC and indicated areas of highway requiring repair as well as drainage issues.

38/20 Creation of village interpretation board:

Actions from last meeting:  RT and AS to work together further to identify information for inclusion and onward transmission to Shelley signs

There has been no recent progress on this matter in view of the Coronavirus crisis. Planning permission had, however, been granted for erection of the board in due course.

39/20 Coronavirus matters:

Plymtree Parish Council would like to acknowledge the role that everyone living in the parish has played in keeping our community safe during the Coronavirus pandemic. We do not underestimate the difficulties people have faced during this time and would like to thank everyone for the part they have played. Whether you have isolated or shielded to keep yourself and others safe, continued to work from home or as a key worker or volunteered within the community to support others, your efforts have meant that our community has stayed safe and well.  Thank you to you all for everything you have done.

40/20 Planning applications:

20/0668/PDQ Barn at Orchard Farm. Prior application for change of use of barn to four dwellings Noted neutral response submitted. 

20/0664/FUL Hayne farmhouse. Adding cover to existing silage clamp. Noted neutral response submitted. 

20/1100/FUL Hayne farmhouse. Adding roof over livestock handling area. Noted neutral response submitted. 

41/20 Correspondence: None received

Matters of urgency – items not on the agenda to be discussed at the Chairman’s discretion NB no voting permitted, discussion only.

Dates of meetings for 2020: 8th September, 3rd November at 7.30pm.

Close of meeting at 8.40 pm.