Browse By

Parish Council Minutes 8th September 2020

PLYMTREE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a virtual meeting held on 8th September 2020 at 7.30 pm.

Present: Cllrs I Robinson (IR), R Tift (RT), A Cook (AC), A Stride (AS), S Martin (SM), S Stephens (SS), J Penman (from 7.45 pm, intermittently), J Franklyn (JF, Clerk)

42/20a Apologies: None received.

42b/20   Declarations of Interest & Prejudice: None declared.

Meeting suspended to allow public questions and receipt of reports.

42c/20   Reports from representatives of Police, EDDC, DCC:  None received.

42d/20 Approval of minutes of meeting of 14th July 2020: The minutes were read, approved and will be signed as a true and accurate record as proposed by AS, seconded by AC and agreed by all.

43/20    Actions from last meeting not otherwise on the agenda: None

44/20    Finance:

Update re annual external audit. It was noted that the PC had received confirmation from the external auditors that the certificate of exemption had been accepted.

Balance of current accounts: Recent spends (since the last meeting as noted in the agenda) were noted and further approved. Current balances (from 1st April 2020) were checked and agreed as proposed/signed by IR and RT.

45/20 Tree planting:

Action from last meeting: IR to contact Mr Gimber to discuss potential contribution to funding of purchase of trees and his proposed timescales (Done).

IR had received from Mr Gimber a list of fruit and nut trees for potential purchase for the community orchard, which was circulated.

New action: IR to clarify ownership of the orchard project. Subject to that clarification, the PC agreed award of a grant of £300 towards the purchase of trees, stakes etc., as proposed by RT and seconded by SS.

46/20    Section 106 monies:

SS had been in contact with Jamie Buckley of EDDC (who is now administering the project). It was agreed that the processes outlined by her re progressing access to the monies by the village should proceed.

New action: SS to progress the required processes leading to access to Section 106 monies, to include publication of documentation in the Parish Magazine as part of the public consultation required.   

47/20     P3 activity and monies (AS):

Actions from last meeting:AS to establish when minor works can recommence. AS to chase award of P3 grant (Done).

AS reported that anti-slip treads to be applied to pathway sleepers had been received.

New actions: AS to fit anti-slip treads to footpath sleepers. AS to submit to Parish Magazine for publication some useful recent P3 newsletter notes, including information re maintaining clear access to footpaths. AC to arrange flailing of bank opposite to village school.

48/20     Highways and Road Warden update (RT):

RT indicated that some strimming had been completed but there had been little activity re pot hole filling owing to coronavirus restrictions.

It was agreed that a further litter pick should be undertaken with an agreed date of Sunday October 11th.

New actions: AC to seek volunteers to complete some pot hole filling as soon as possible. IR to speak to relevant local residents re replacement of Plymtree sign near to United Reform Church (as agreed at previous meeting). Clerk to submit note re details of next litter pick to Parish Magazine for publication.

49/20 Creation of village interpretation board:

It was noted that there had been no recent activity; AS and RT agreed to attempt to progress as soon as feasible.

50/20 Coronavirus matters:

Discussion was held re the likely mode of delivery/attendance at the next PC meeting. A decision was postponed pending guidance re coronavirus at the time.

51/20 Planning applications:

20/1624/PDQ Barn at Orchard Farm. Prior application for change of use of barn to four dwellings. To note neutral response submitted. 

20/1874/FUL Croftfield Greenend Lane Erection of garden chalet. Clerk to submit neutral response

52/20 Correspondence:

Email re burning of plastic waste. It wasnoted that a response by several PCs had been made to the correspondent advising contact with the Environment Agency, as well as giving more general advice.

Query re odour from muck spreading at weekends. It was noted that IR had responded noting the necessity for farmers to complete this task, additionally noting guidance that weekends and Bank Holidays should be avoided if possible.

Email re Cullompton Garden Village update meetings. It was noted that PCs had not attended these meetings as indicated by the correspondent, noting their occurrence on weekday afternoons when PCs are generally unavailable. IR will seek PC views on the utility of attendance and respond to the correspondent accordingly.

Matters of urgency – items not on the agenda to be discussed at the Chairman’s discretion NB no voting permitted, discussion only. None.

Date of next meetings:  3rd November at 7.30pm.

Close of meeting at 9.05 pm.