Browse By

Parish Council Minutes November 3rd 2020

PLYMTREE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a virtual meeting held on 3rd November 2020 at 7.30 pm.
Present: Cllrs I Robinson (IR), R Tift (RT), A Cook (AC), A Stride (AS), S Martin (SM), S Stephens (SS), J Penman (JP), J Franklyn (JF, Clerk)
53a/20 Apologies: None received.
53b/20 Declarations of Interest & Prejudice: None declared.
Meeting suspended to allow public questions and receipt of reports.
53c/20 Reports from representatives of Police, EDDC, DCC: None received.
53d/20 Approval of minutes of meeting of 8th September 2020: The minutes were read, approved and will be signed as a true and accurate record as proposed by AS, seconded by AC and agreed by all.
54/20 Actions from last meeting not otherwise on the agenda: None
55/20 Finance:
Annual review of financial regulations. These had been circulated by RT. It was agreed that no changes were indicated. IR to sign hard copy as required.
Balance of current accounts: Recent spends (since the last meeting as noted in the agenda) were noted and further approved. Current balances (from 1st April 2020) were checked and agreed as proposed/signed by IR and RT. It was agreed that a further sum of £50 should be added to petty cash.
56/20 Tree planting:
Action from last meeting: IR to clarify ownership of the orchard project. (Done.) Subject to that clarification, the PC agreed award of a grant of £300 towards the purchase of trees, stakes etc., as proposed by RT and seconded by SS.
IR reported that he had discussed tree purchase/planting with S Newsome (Village Hall Committee); the topic was due to be discussed at their recent meeting. It was anticipated that the Village Hall Committee would assume ownership of the “orchard” project. Once the appropriate minutes had been received by the PC confirming this, a cheque payable to the Village Hall would be raised as agreed at the previous PC meeting. P Gimber had been informed of this plan by IR.
57/20 Section 106 monies:
Action from last meeting: SS to progress the required processes leading to access to Section 106 monies, to include publication of documentation in the Parish Magazine as part of the public consultation required (Done)
It was noted that a small number of responses had been received from parishioners following advertisement in the Parish Magazine. These were all discussed. As requested by EDDC these responses will be collated and submitted for preliminary consideration/comment; Jamie Buckley of EDDC may attend the next PC meeting to report back and discuss further.
New action: SS to collate/tabulate responses from parishioners re Section 106 monies and submit to J Buckley of EDDC for preliminary comment (as requested by EDDC).
58/20 P3 activity and monies (AS):
Actions from last meeting: AS to fit anti-slip treads to footpath sleepers. AS to submit to Parish Magazine for publication some useful recent P3 newsletter notes, including information re maintaining clear access to footpaths (Done).. AC to arrange flailing of bank opposite to village school (Done but not yet carried out).
AS reported she had obtained landowner permission for fitting of anti-slip treads and will proceed with fitting soon.
59/20 Highways and Road Warden update (RT):
Actions from last meeting: AC to seek volunteers to complete some pot hole filling as soon as possible. IR to speak to relevant local residents re replacement of Plymtree sign near to United Reform Church (as agreed at previous meeting). Clerk to submit note re details of next litter pick to Parish Magazine for publication. (All done).
IR thanked those who had participated in the Village Litter Pick. AC will record PC thanks in the Parish Magazine.
It was noted that approximately 13 pot holes had been filled recently although materials were somewhat out of date (because of the spring lockdown) and therefore difficult to use. IR had discussed replacement of the village sign near to the URC with neighbouring landowners; this replacement will proceed soon.
60/20 Creation of village interpretation board:
It was noted that there had been no recent activity; AS and RT agreed to attempt to progress as soon as feasible.
61/20 Road safety outside the primary school:
SM and others had observed frequent inconsiderate/potentially dangerous parking close to the village primary school associated with school pick up. It was noted this was a longstanding problem which the PC had discussed before. Whilst outside the remit of the PC, following a wide-ranging discussion the following actions were agreed:
New actions: SM to ask the school acting head teacher/other relevant staff to re-inform parents of the school parking policy and to raise at federation/governor level. IR to note problem in the Parish Magazine indicating that further actions may need to be sought in conjunction with DCC. JF to request that PCSO England might attend the school at relevant times in the afternoon to observe issues and speak to parents.
62/20 Coronavirus matters:
It was noted that the second national lockdown will commence soon. It is likely that at least the next PC meeting will need to be conducted virtually. It was noted that the village shop has been forced to reduce opening hours because of paucity of volunteers (and Post Office closing on Wednesday afternoon).
63/20 Planning applications:
20/2260/LBC and 2324/FUL Beech Cottage Addition of chimney pot and extension of chimney height. Clerk to submit neutral response (Done)
64/20 Correspondence:
Email from C Fry re provision of a Xmas meal to vulnerable parishioners. It was agreed that this is a worthy idea but outside the remit of the PC. It was hoped this provision might happen via personal arrangement between friends/neighbours. IR to respond to the correspondent.
Matters of urgency – items not on the agenda to be discussed at the Chairman’s discretion NB no voting permitted, discussion only. None.
Dates of meetings for 2021 5th January, 2nd March, 4th May, 6th July, 14th September [note later date], 2nd November all at 7.30pm.
Close of meeting at 9.00pm.