Browse By

Parish Council Minutes 2nd March 2021

PLYMTREE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a virtual meeting held on 2nd March 2021 at 7.30 pm.
Present:
Cllrs J Penman (Vice chair and acting chair for the meeting) (JP), R Tift (RT), A Cook (AC), A Stride (AS), S Martin (SM), S Stephens (SS), P Skinner (PS), J Franklyn (JF, Clerk)
13a/21 Apologies: I Robinson (approved absence due to sickness).
13b/21 Declarations of Interest & Prejudice: None declared
Meeting suspended to allow public questions and receipt of reports.
13c/21 Reports from representatives of Police, EDDC, DCC:
Cllr P Skinner (EDDC) indicated that EDDC remained busy, especially through implementing new processes to administer Covid-related funding awarded by central government. There were budgetary challenges relating to reduction in income e.g. from car parking and swimming pools. He noted that central government funding in support of “High Streets” will soon be administered. He outlined the processes leading to the present call for comment on the draft East Devon local plan (see minute 23/21).
A report had been received from PCSO D England indicating a fall from 20 to 14 in the number of reported incidents (via 101, 999 or online) for 2020/21 compared with the previous year: 2 antisocial behaviour, 1 “crime”, 8 public safety and 3 “transport”. There was a similar reduction from 7 to 3 of crimes otherwise reported.
14d/21 Approval of minutes of meeting of 5th January 2021:
The minutes were read, approved and will be signed as a true and accurate record as proposed by AS, seconded by SM and agreed by all.
15/21 Actions from last meeting not otherwise on the agenda: None
16/21 Finance:
Action from last meeting: Clerk to complete and submit Precept forms before the deadline (Done).
Balance of current accounts: There had been no financial transactions since the last meeting; updated accounts were therefore not submitted. The Clerk had submitted a claim for refund of VAT to HMRC and reminded D Main re cashing of outstanding cheque.
17/21 Section 106 monies:
SS reported that an informative call involving himself, AS and other PCs with Jamie Buckley of EDDC had led to confirmation of the sum available to the village at £8946.60. Ms Buckley had reiterated the categories of spends eligible for this funding scheme. It was noted that any land involved with funding had to be associated with written confirmation between the landowner and EDDC that it would remain available for public use for at least 10 years.
Ms Buckley had indicated eligibility (or otherwise) from the list of suggested projects submitted by parishioners.
New action: SS to write an article for the Parish Magazine indicating which of the seven suggested projects is eligible for Section 106 funding (and which unacceptable) and seeking further detail and preferences.
18/21 P3 activity and monies (AS):
AS reported that the annual P3 returns had been submitted to DCC but that no application for additional funding had been made for the present round because of a healthy P3 budget.
It was noted that a handrail near to Fordmore has broken recently; this will soon be repaired by DCC contractors.
19/21 Highways and Road Warden update (RT):
There had been no recent activity by the road warden team; there were no new issues to report.
20/21 Creation of village interpretation board:
It was noted that there had been no recent activity; AS and RT will progress as soon as feasible.
21/21 Road safety outside the primary school:
Action from last meeting: SM to contact Phil Morgan of DCC Highways Dept in the first instance to discuss potential changes to road marking and other safety measures outside the village school. (Not done due to illness).
22/21 Village emergency action plan:
This item (raised by P Gimber) had been discussed by the PC previously; it had been concluded that the village is too small for such a plan to be meaningful and this decision was re-confirmed.
23/21 East Devon local plan consultation:
It was noted that parishioners can comment on the draft plan in addition to the PC. The Clerk had posted notices to this effect around the village and will reiterate in the PC meeting summary for the magazine. It was agreed to defer further discussion on this matter in view of the absence of Cllr Robinson. Meanwhile AS will determine the local relevance of the draft document in order to facilitate discussion.

24/21 Coronavirus matters:
No specific update.
25/21 Planning applications:
It was noted the PC had received in December 2020 a preliminary notification of a possible future planning application for creation of Paytherden Solar Farm near Clyst Hydon. The preliminary communication indicated that a website for public consultation and consultation with businesses and other relevant groups/bodies was due to go live on January 11th. It was agreed this potential development should be brought to the notice of the village; SM had agreed to draft a short article for the Parish Magazine once more information became available. No such information had yet been received. JF will attempt to ascertain the timeline for availability of information.

It was noted that a planning committee meeting of Mid-Devon DC to consider the proposed solar farm at Langford had recently been deferred pending setting up of a “special” meeting. Parishioners who had commented previously on line would be likely to receive an invitation to attend the virtual “special” meeting once the date is provided.

25/21 Correspondence:
A communication had been received via the Parish Magazine re littering in the play park. IR had spoken to the correspondent and indicated the play park was the responsibility of the Village Hall committee; IR had passed the communication onwards. IR had also published an article in the Parish Magazine responding to the original article. It had been queried whether an extra dog poo pin should be placed at the entrance to the play park since dog poo bags were sometimes filling the general litter bin. It was noted that placement of dog poo bags in the “general” bin is allowed/encouraged by EDDC and furthermore that dog walking is prohibited on the recreation ground. The bin in question had been installed by EDDC but is sometimes omitted for emptying; a phone call to EDDC typically prompts emptying on request.
Matters of urgency – items not on the agenda to be discussed at the Chairman’s discretion NB no voting permitted, discussion only.
AC raised the question of purchasing a Zoom account in order to prevent disruption of PC meetings though requirement to log in repeatedly after 40 minutes. A decision was deferred until the likely time line for recommencement of face to face PC meetings becomes clearer.
Dates of meetings for 2021: 4th May, 6th July, 14th September [note later date], 2nd November all at 7.30pm. Close of meeting at 9.12 pm.