Browse By

Parish Council Minutes 6th July 2021

PLYMTREE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

Draft Minutes of a virtual meeting held on 6th July 2021 at 7.30 pm.
Present: Cllrs I Robinson (IR), R Tift (RT), A Cook (AC), JI Penman (JP), S Stephens (SS), J Franklyn (JF, Clerk)
39a/21 Apologies: I Chubb
39b/21 Declarations of Interest & Prejudice: None declared.

Meeting suspended to allow public questions and receipt of reports.
39c/21 Participation of members of the public and reports from representatives of Police, EDDC, DCC: No reports received.
39d/21 Approval of minutes of meeting of 2nd May 2021: The minutes were read, approved and will be signed as a true and accurate record as proposed by AC, seconded by RT and agreed by all.
40/21 Actions from last meeting not otherwise on the agenda: Co-option of Parish Councillor. IR reported that he had approached a parishioner (Trudie Jedynak) who had agreed to be considered for co-option. Her nomination was approved unanimously.

New actions: IR to inform Ms Jedynak of her successful nomination. Clerk to provide declaration of interest forms to her and return forms to EDDC in due course.

41/21 Finance:
Balance of current accounts: Recent spends (since the last meeting as noted in the agenda) were noted and further approved. Current balances (from 1st April 2021) were checked and agreed as proposed/signed by IR and RT.

42/21 Section 106 monies: SS reported that a relatively large number of “votes” for potential projects had been received. The PC declared the period for “voting” was now closed subsequent to advertisement of the process in the parish magazine and on notice boards.
New actions: SS to collate all of the parishioner responses and forward to the PC and to EDDC. IR to determine the requirement for a zoom meeting to discuss the outcome (provisionally set for 13th July at 7.30) ahead of proceeding with specific project(s).
43/21 P3 activity and monies: It was noted that no specific actions are required at this time. It is hoped that the newly co-opted PC will accept this area of responsibility. It was noted that a parishioner (Paul Muxworthy) will attend a “strimmer” course run by DCC in August. A small budget was approved for him to purchase PPE ahead of this course.
44/21 Highways and Road Warden update (RT):
Actions from last meeting: RT to order new materials for pothole filling (Done). RT to obtain three tenders for the painting of phone box and bus shelters.
RT has completed the tendering documentation re painting of the phone box and bus shelters. It was agreed that painting of the railings on the raised pavement adjacent to the church should be added to the tender (the latter to be funded from the road warden budget).
It was noted that new village signs ordered via DCC had arrived, although DCC had made an error and will be sending replacement signs of the correct size. RT reported that DCC had added the area of damaged road from Hayne Cross to Middle Clyst William to its list of projects to be undertaken.
45/21 Creation of village interpretation board:
It was noted that there had been no recent activity; RT will progress as soon as feasible, perhaps alongside the new PC.
46/21 Road safety outside the primary school:
Action from last meetings: SM to contact Phil Morgan of DCC Highways Dept in the first instance to discuss potential changes to road marking and other safety measures outside the village school.
In the absence of Cllr Martin this item was not discussed.
47/21 Planning applications:
Notification of future planning application for creation of Paytherden Solar Farm at Peradon Farm, Clyst Hydon. The postponement of face to face consultation meetings in view of delay in easing of lockdown was noted.
It was noted that Mid Devon DC will meet on July 14th to determine the outcome of the Langford solar farm planning application.
The recent correspondence to EDDC from Cllr Cook on behalf of PC re a potential planning breach close to Clyst William Cross (new gateway, hard standing, shipping container placement etc) was noted. The matter had been reported to the EDDC enforcement officer who was investigating.
21/1554/FUL Rectory Oaks Construction of double garage and alteration to fenestration. Submission of neutral response noted.
48/21 Correspondence:
P Gimber re dead tree opposite school. It was noted that the matter had been brought to the attention of HighLine (because of potential damage to BT overhead wires). IR will check up on progress re tree removal.
Matters of urgency – items not on the agenda to be discussed at the Chairman’s discretion NB no voting permitted, discussion only. None.
Dates of meetings for 2021: 14th September [note later date], 2nd November all at 7.30pm. Note changed venue (provisional) – meetings at Village Hall. Close of meeting at 8.45 pm.