FLOWER & PRODUCE SCHEDULE – 2019
FLOWER & PRODUCE SCHEDULE
Monday 26th August 2019
SECTION A – CUT FLOWERS / FOLIAGE
1. Single Stem Specimen Flower – any type
2. Sweet Peas – 5 stems – any colour / any variety
3. Dahlia – 3 blooms all same variety – any colour
4. A Single Hybrid Tea Rose – not Floribunda
5. 1 stem each of 3 different foliage plants
6. A vase of Mixed Flowers
SECTION B – FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS
7. An arrangement of Flowers & Foliage to depict
“ A Day at the seaside”
8. ‘A Living Card“ Floral arrangement of Flowers
& Foliage for any occasion
9 A Single Flower with foliage contained within
a glass container
SECTION C – POT PLANTS
10. Any pot plant in bloom (excluding Fuchsia or Orchid)
11. Patio Container
12. One Fuchsia Plant grown in a pot
13. Orchid in bloom
SECTION D – COOKERY
14. Show Stopper “Anniversary Cake” –
to be judged on the decoration & Cake
15. Coffee Walnut Sponge Sandwich – 3 eggs
16. 4 Blueberry Muffins
17. 2 Savoury Tartlets
18. Boiled Fruit Cake – recipe provided – Men & Boys only
19. Pot of Chilli Jam
20. 4 Decorated Fairy Cakes – Junior Class 12 yrs & under
SECTION E – FRUIT & VEGETABLES
21. 3 Onions – Trimmed & Tied
22. Collection of Garden Vegetables & Fruit in a Trug or Basket
23. Runner Beans (5 pods) with stalks attached
24. 4 Standard Tomatoes
25. 6 Cherry or Small Plum Tomatoes
26. 3 Potatoes – same variety
27. Raspberries with stalks – displayed on a Tea plate
28. 5 Stems of different Herbs in a Jug with names
SECTION F – HOBBIES / CRAFTS
29. A photograph of a Single Tree – 7 x 5 displayed on a card
30. A humorous Photograph with a Caption –
7 x 5 displayed on card
31. Knit a “Twiddle Muff” – pattern provided – see note
32. Knit a Bonnet for a Prem. Baby – pattern provided – see note
33. A Decoupage decorated Box
Note – Items from Classes 31 and 32 to be donated to appropriate charity.
CHILDREN’S CLASSES – 1 (6 years and under)
(some guidance allowed in Classes 37 & 38)
34. Plymtree School – made at school
35. Plymtree Pre School – made at group
36. Country Tots – made at group
37. Open to all – Finger print pattern on a paper plate
– max 8’” / 20 cm
38. Decorate the shell of a hard boiled hen egg
– displayed in egg cup
CHILDREN’S CLASSES – 2 ( 7 – 8 years )
39. Plymtree School – made at school
40. A Junk model space rocket – max. height 50 cm / width 30 cm
41. Cress grown in egg shell decorated with a face
– displayed in egg cup
CHILDREN’S CLASSES – 3 ( 9 – 12 years )
42. Plymtree School – made at school
43. Design a poster ( computer or by hand) for
a “Litter Pick” A4 size
44. Space Rocket made from Lego ( NOT A KIT) max height 25 cm
FULL DETAILS IN SCHEDULE AVAILABLE AT THE VILLAGE SHOP JUNE 2019
These are knitted muffs with items attached to keep dementia patients hands active and busy. Items can be attached both inside and outside (Anything that can be twiddled with but will not break and are not sharp to touch or brittle ).
- Materials This muff pattern is perfect for using up left over and odd balls of wool. Needles: 6.5mm
- Cuff: Cast on 45 stitches using 2 strands of double knitting wool or 1 strand of chunky wool ( one plain colour works best ). Working in stocking stitch ( knit a row, purl a row ) for 11 inches.
- Muff Body: Continue with stocking stitch, but use up oddments of various textures of wool such as chunky, mohair, ribbon etc. until the work measures 23 inches (two strands of double knit for two rows each gives a lovely assortment of colours ).
- Cast off.
- Lightly iron the long strip, then neatly join the sides together using edge to edge stitch ( with the knit side facing out ).
- Turn inside out and push the one-colour cuff up inside the muff body.
- Sew the two ends together, again using a neat edge to edge stitch.
- Decoration Now is the time to decorate the muff, inside and out, with ribbons, beads, flowers, zips, loops, pompoms, buttons, etc. Knit a separate pocket for a favourite photo or hanky. Be creative, but make sure each item is securely attached.
PREMATURE BABY BONNET
Double Knitting Wool. Needles – 3 1/4mm (10) and 4mm (8)
Size1. ( Size 2 – work numbers in brackets )
With size 3 1/4 mm (10) needles cast on 45 (51) sts. and knit 5 rows.
Next row : Knit 4 (7) increase in next st. * knit 3 (3) increase in next st. repeat from * to last 4 (7) st. Knit 4 (7). 55 (61) sts.
Change to 4mm (8) needles and work in pattern as follows:
1st row: Knit 1 *Purl 1, knit 1 repeat from * to end.
2nd row: Purl 1, *Knit 1, purl 1, repeat from * to end.
3rd row: As 2nd row.
4th row: As 1st row.
These 4 rows form pattern.
Work 12 (18) rows more in pattern
Next row: Cast off 3 sts. (3) pattern 17 (20) counting stitch already on right hand needle after casting off, cast off next 15 sts. Pattern to end.
Complete this side first as follows:
Next row. Cast off 3 sts. (3) Pattern to end.
** Next row. Pattern to end.
Keeping pattern correct cast off 3 (4) sts at beginning of next row and following 2 alternate rows then 4 sts. (4) at beginning of following alternate row and remaining 4 (4) sts on following alternate row.
With wrong side facing rejoin yarn at inside edge of remaining 17 (20) sts. And complete this side to correspond with first side from **
Sew the cast off stitches of bonnet together to form back seam then sew the side edges of these cast off rows to the 15 sts cast off at centre.
With size 3 1/4 (10) needles and right side facing rejoin yarn and pick up and knit 27 (35) stitches evenly along neck edge. Knit 2 rows. Cast off knit wise.
BOILED FRUIT CAKE – Class 18 – Men and Boys only
345g (12oz ) Mixed Fruit
115g ( 4 oz ) Butter
115g ( 4oz ) Soft Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Golden Syrup
1 cup Cold Water (220ml)
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Mixed Spice
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
230g ( 8oz ) Self Raising Flour
- Place Mixed Fruit, Butter, Brown Sugar, Golden Syrup, Spices and Water in a saucepan. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place aside to cool to room temperature. (This may take a couple of hours)
- When cool enough add Flour and Eggs and mix well.
- Put into a pre greased and greaseproof lined 7 inch (18cm ) Round cake tin.
- Bake for 1 1/2 – 2 hours at 300 F, 150 C Adjust for fan oven.
- When cooked turn out immediately on cooling rack.