St John the Baptist
Welcome to the Church of St John the Baptist, the Parish Church of Plymtree (EX15 2JU)
“God’s love in action, with a heart for service”
Please note that services and activities are beginning to resume
This is in line with the instructions applying across
the whole of the Church of England.
- This church building will be open for private prayer and reflection on Wednesdays from 1.00pm – 5.00pm and on Sundays from 9.00am – 1.00pm. Please observe guidance about hygiene and social distancing.
- Public worship recommences on Sunday 12th July with Morning Worship at 11.00am. Social distancing means that numbers will be limited at services. It would be very helpful if you can let us know by Saturday if you hope to attend. Details of future services can be found on the “A Church Near You” site. At times of public worship the church will not be available for private prayer
- The Church as the people of God continues to pray and to serve. If you have any concerns or need support please do contact us.
- The churchyard is open but please observe social distancing and hygiene instructions.
- A variety of on line support is being made available. Rector John Hayhoe is posting daily reflections and also a Sunday service both on youtube. For details www.dunkeswell.org.uk
- The April to July editions of the Plymtree Magazine are posted on line:
- The Revd Jane Penn has offered to contact anyone who would like her to do so. Please let her know if you would like this to happen – 01404 841523 email revjane@Dunkeswell.co.uk
- Contact details of all church officers are on the notice board in the church porch and in the Plymtree magazine and on the both the Dunkeswell Mission Community and Plymtree web sites.
God Bless you. Alan Barnett and Bill Luttman (Churchwardens)
We hope that the following pages will tell you something about our church and who we are.
- Our Mission Action Plan
- For information about baptism click here
- Find out about Getting Married in Plymtree
- Churchyard Guidelines
- A brief church history
- One of “Devon’s 50 Best Churches”
- Rectors and Priests of Plymtree
- Church bells
- Churchyard & Monument Inscriptions to the present
- Our entry in “A Church Near You“
- To make a donation to Plymtree Church please visit our Giving page and search for “Plymtree Parish Church”. Thank you.